Future Future

Overall, an unimpressive flash.

This flash could use a lot of improvement. The music was effective, but the poor animation used was completely out-of-sync with it. The graphics were sub-par, the whole thing was obviously unplanned and badly thought-out, totally uninspired, and a bad standard of flash. You need to seriously rework your style and think hard about ever submitting more flash.

Mafia Madness Mafia Madness

Quite good!

Yes, is was a plain rip from Madness, but so what? The main character was a little shoddy, but it had solid animation, some good parts, some bad, but overall, it was okay.

I would say that, if you are going to copy the Madness style, stay close to it. The speech part was fairly poor, to be honest, and the mouth movement wasnt nice at all...

But good work.

Metal Slug: Riverine Metal Slug: Riverine

..Choke...

The loading screen uses wordart! (gag)And then again!

Other than that, good animation, nice sound, cool explosions.

The Blind Swordsman The Blind Swordsman

Took me a few attempts before I realised my headphones were on backwards. But as the owner of a hyperactive imagination, I friggin' love the graphics in this game. Cutscenes are okay, but the in-fight graphics beat next-gen to the ground.

Trying to create the concept of a blind man is awesome, but I feel like I don't know what my arms and legs are doing.

Do I build momentum when I turn, or do I just move a set number of degrees per second?

Do I need to hold down the button to shield, or is a tap doing it?

Currently stuck at the archers, and it's getting tiresome. I can get through the arrows nine times out of ten, but I've not managed to deal with the daggers properly. And since I have to sit through 8 arrows to even get to the dagger part, it's tiresome. Wolves were certainly the most fun so far.

Feedback would also be nice - knowing where you got hit when you died. It'd help you learn to improve.

I actually disagree with the wanting of a tutorial, I just want to feel like I'm blind rather than blind and numb.

With masses of respect for such a unique concept- not explaining the rules of your game is not the same as 'spoon-feeding' every button-press, and doesn't make it more hardcore.

All I'd want is a top-down view of what my character looks like when I press certain buttons, as a thing that I can view on a single subscreen when on the level select.

But yeah, nitpicking aside, I love the concept. Hope you listen to your fans and don't just shun the requests for a bit more explanation. If it's at all possible, with the game already out the door, that is.

(I'd love to see a sequel. :D)

Evil-Dog responds:

Not sure what I'd have to explain, you can attack, you can block, you can turn, what else do you need? anything else would be explaining what you have to do to defeat them instead of letting people figure that out. It seems pretty basic that attacks are coming and you have to block them, and it seems pretty basic that attacking might not kill a particular enemy if you don't do it at the right time.
One thing that's changing in the next version is based on a good feedback someone said, we're changing the word block for parry, which indeed makes more sense in the game.

Don't Move Don't Move

The reviews for this are great to read for someone who actually gets the joke.

The point of this game is to take a stab at the culture of achievements, medals, scoring and everything else that makes a game seem rewarding without adding any gameplay. The entire point of it is that the gameplay is shallow, dull, and barely even there.

It's the extrapolation of modern gaming trends to a ridiculous point.

I can't believe that actually needs explaining! I have to believe that everyone posting suggestions for improvement is being ironic, rather than being so ingrained into EA-style bullshit to notice a parody when it stares them in the face.

Fulp Friction Fulp Friction

Good music...shame about the lyrics

Sweet mercy, shame on you. Why would you use your obvious skills at music making to make this assault to the eardrums? Why? Make some good music. Im off to metaphorically vomit.